Begin your adventure in the heart of history at Split, where the ancient Diocletian’s Palace serves as your gateway to a maze of cobblestone streets and remarkable architecture. Day two unfolds in the enchanting town of Trogir, an easy day trip from Split, boasting a UNESCO-listed Old Town and opportunities for island exploration. On day three, venture to the picturesque Omis, a blend of medieval charm and thrilling outdoor activities. The itinerary takes a scenic turn on day four as you head south to Makarska, indulging in beachside relaxation and captivating views of the Adriatic Sea. Conclude your coastal odyssey back in Split, where the journey began, savoring the last moments in this Croatian haven filled with rich history, vibrant culture, and breathtaking landscapes.
Day 1: Split
- Start your day by exploring Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wander through the narrow streets, visit the Peristyle, and admire the architecture.
- Climb to the top of the Cathedral of Saint Domnius for panoramic views of Split.
- Have lunch in one of the local Konobas (traditional Croatian restaurants) within the palace walls.
- Visit the Split Archaeological Museum to learn more about the region’s history.
- Stroll along the Riva promenade, enjoy the sunset, and have dinner at a waterfront restaurant.
- Explore Split’s vibrant nightlife, with options ranging from cozy bars to lively clubs.
Accommodation: Stay in a hotel or guesthouse within or near the Diocletian’s Palace area for easy access to the city’s main attractions.
Day 2: Trogir
- Take a day trip to Trogir, a charming medieval town located just 30 minutes from Split. Explore the UNESCO-listed Old Town, featuring well-preserved Romanesque and Renaissance architecture.
- Visit the Cathedral of St. Lawrence and the Kamerlengo Castle.
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a seaside restaurant in Trogir.
- Take a boat tour to nearby islands or relax on the beautiful beaches.
- Return to Split and have dinner at a local restaurant.
Accommodation: Spend another night in Split.
Day 3: Omis
- Head to Omis, a picturesque town situated at the mouth of the Cetina River, about a 40-minute drive from Split.
- Explore the historic Old Town and climb to the top of the Mirabella Fortress for breathtaking views.
- Take a thrilling adventure by trying zip-lining over the Cetina River or enjoy water activities such as rafting and kayaking.
- Have lunch at a local restaurant with views of the river.
- Return to Split and relax at a spa or enjoy a quiet evening exploring more of the city’s hidden gems.
Accommodation: Stay another night in Split.
Day 4: Makarska
- Travel south to Makarska, a coastal town known for its stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife. It’s approximately a 1.5-hour drive from Split.
- Relax on the famous Makarska Riviera beaches or explore the town’s historic center.
- Have lunch at a seaside restaurant and explore the Malacological Museum.
- Take a boat trip to the nearby islands or visit Biokovo Nature Park for panoramic views.
- Enjoy dinner at a local seafood restaurant, followed by a stroll along the lively waterfront promenade.
Accommodation: Stay overnight in Makarska.
Day 5: Split
- Spend your last morning in Makarska, perhaps relaxing on the beach or shopping for local souvenirs.
- Head back to Split in the early afternoon.
- Return to Split and use the remaining time to explore any missed attractions or indulge in some last-minute shopping.
- Enjoy a farewell dinner at a restaurant of your choice.