Recently Shared

Banj Beach of Sibenik Croatia

Sibenik ,17.06.2012 - otovorenje gradske plaze Banj

This beautiful beach is located in down town Sibenik. Sibenik is slowly but surely coming back among the popular tourist destination, which confirms worth commendation came from Italy where he is one of the most popular Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica Sibenik ranked among the top 10 cities to visit.

Sibenik provides public with city Beach Banj

Italy’s la Repubblica published an article “Life on the beach in the heart of the city” in which to promote the city of Sibenik, because in them, along with the cultural sights, can enjoy additional entertainment contents like swimming in the sea, lakes or rivers. Sibenik, thanks to a newly-built city beach Banj at the heart of the city, deserves a place among cities such as Amsterdam, Berlin, Brussels, Florence, Cannes, London, Paris, Prague and Zurich. Beach Banj, as pointed out by the Italians, was built this year and is 5 minutes walk from the historic town center.

City beach Banj

Banj beach is a small-pebbled beach not far from the center of Sibenik, the beach has a view of the old centre of Sibenik. Banj beach of Sibenik offers numerous kinds of water entertainment to its guests. Banj beach is sloping, small-pebbled, and is good for rest with children. Banj beach has the international Blue Flag award for the cleanness of the sea. Banj beach is the most beautiful beach of the Adriatic, it is a cult beach of the riviera of Sibenik.


Historical Facts about Sibenik

In Croatian, the town is known as Šibenik, in Latin as Sebenicum, in Italian as Sebenico, in Serbian as Шибеник, in Hungarian as Sibenik, in Albanian as Shibeniku, and in German as Sibennig. The city, like the rest of Dalmatia, resisted the Venetians in a three-year war that was resolved in their favor in 1412. During the Croatian War of Independence (1991–1995), Šibenik was heavily attacked by the Yugoslav National Army and Serbian paramilitary troops. The city was given the status of a town in 1167 from Stephen III of Hungary. It was mentioned for the first time under its present name in 1066 in a Charter of the Croatian King Petar Krešimir IV and, for a period of time, it was a seat of this CroatianKing.

Source: hostel mare

Share the joy